• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

U.S. Relay to the Rally 2009

Nice job guys and gal. ;)

Look forward to picking up and running with it starting this weekend. John, I'd like to get it to the Pro Italia bike show on Sunday. Let me know if I should swing by and get it.

Todd -

Sorry about that - we should have done a quick hand-off when you were here looking at the Norge. Let me know when is a good time for you. I may be taking the Acura in for service tomorrow in Calabasas and can run Batty up to you after. Also will have a new brake lever tomorrow AM and may stick it on and ride on over to do the hand-off.

Let me know what works for you.

jdg

No problem, I didn't think about it either.
Sure, stay in touch... and let me know when/if you can ride it up... or I might be able to meet you somewhere too.

mwest wrote:
Did someone kidnap the baton?
Nope! It happens that John G. rode it up to my house today... but we forgot to take pictures of the hand-off. Now, where to send it next? Everyone in the Southwest area has been very quiet. I could take it back up to Bodega Bay (NorCal Rally) first of Oct., but I'd really like to see it head south and east first. Tim Crump said he'll meet me in Death Valley, which would be good. Any one? Hello?

A bit of disappointment in moving the baton this year, especially interest here in the Southwest.

I'm now taking nominations for the Injured Rider's Fund for 2009. Voting ballads will only be accepted from those who donated. If you want to still donate, do so HERE. Full payment will be sent on Dec. 15th. Nominations should be posted below. Also, please send me your shipping info for patches & stripes to be mailed to me direct e-mail (only please); Todd at GuzziTech.com
Reminder: Patches are only for those who carried the baton 100 miles or more, and the stripes are for those who also attended the National Rally. I have the Malibu stripes to send out as well for those of you who participated and also attended the National Rally here last year.

Also, any ideas for better exposure/movement for '10, or should I just drop it all together?

I'd like to nominate Sasquatch Jim from the Port Towsend area of western Wa. Jim's a regular attendee of many northwest Guzzi events. Jim had a getoff, hitting a deer wth his scooter earlier this year. I feel he is very deserving of these proceeds.

Hi Todd;

Work has kept me off the boards with an alarming regularity, but I would say not to cancel the program. It has suffered this year as we all have economically, but this is too good a program to let it go. It may be small inscope, but to the recepient it is HUGE and a wonderful outpouring of support for a fellow Guzzi rider.

Sam

I agree with DanR, we are ready to move to and from Florida. I doubt that distance to retrieve or move to another state is much of an issue....we ride! I'd also like to suggest a summary of what states have not been touched over the last two Rallies. I'd like to get them identified and make a real effort in having the Baton move through them. I'm pretty sure that Michigan has not touched and as I spend the summer there, I could surely assist. Last year from my Honor, Michigan cottage I attended the National, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan and Ontario, Canada Rallies. This coming year I'll attend other state rallies. The Norge accumulated ~ 17,000 miles of trouble free miles in 6 months....I also turned 70 when traveling to the Minnesota Rally.....Lets Ride!

steveford said:
I'd like to nominate Sasquatch Jim from the Port Towsend area of western Wa. Jim's a regular attendee of many northwest Guzzi events. Jim had a getoff, hitting a deer wth his scooter earlier this year. I feel he is very deserving of these proceeds.

I'd second Steve Ford's nomination of "Sasquatch" Jim Philyaw as a recipient of some of the Injured Rider funds. Jim spent several days in the Trauma ICU here in Seattle as well as a few agonizing weeks in hospice. He's a great guy and a worthy honoree. Steve and I both donated when the Rally Baton came through the Northwest during the Deep Forest campout where several hundreds of dollars were raised by the PNW Guzzisti. Deep Forest is Sasquatch's favorite moto camp of the year which he was very saddened to miss while laid up in hospice care.

Steve Daley

All, due to the EXTREME lack of correspondence, I will keep the money in an interest bearing account and roll it over to 2010. My hopes to distribute a donation amount (before the Holidays) have long passed. We'll see where the new year takes the Relay/IRF. Stay tuned, or post your thoughts below.

I'd still think it would be nice to see at least a portion of it go to "Sasquatch" Jim Philyaw. We raised a few bucks for the fund during the WA Deep Forest Campout which Sasquatch was unable to attend due to his injuries. He's been a fixture at that campout for several years since relocating to the PNW.

Maybe it's a good thing that there weren't a surfeit of nominations coming in. That's a good year…

How about a foreign donation. I know Roper was seeking donations for a mate who was killed on his Guzzi while returning from a rally over in Australia. Funds were collected in support of the family he left behind. Johnny the GF was his nom de guerre, but I'm sure Roper or the hippie guitar maker could provide the particulars.

No offense, but I thought the concept of the fund was to support riders injured in the year collected. It seems a bit off putting that funds are seemingly held for someone more deserving…

If it is more nominations that you need, I would suggest casting a wider net to a larger audience. Again...

SD

Steve, agreed on above and I'm open. Two nominations and three votes I think doesn't seem right. I'd be happy to donate whatever amount that the group deems right, just need more feedback. Cast away.

A vote for Sasquatch Jim here as well. Question for Todd, don't you have the ability to send all users of this board a global message to let us know if nominations are needed?

Nominations were solicited from three different Guzzi sites. I can't see holding this up because people didn't nominate anyone else. I think there was plenty of time for nominations!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Guys, I see five nominations here for Jim from my original post on the last page. Steve, I'm not sure what you mean by "Nominations were solicited from three different Guzzi sites." The Official website for the Relay; NationalGuzziRelay.com links to this thread here, and I don't have the time to chase any -- please have everyone post here.
Kent, nominations and votes are only by those who donated. For those who vote, I'll be looking for your name in the logbook or via the website "Chip-in" donation log.

I'm not looking to withhold anything here, so for the 5 of you that posted above, sound off on the amount that Jim should receive.

I'm looking for folks that are willing to step up for next year to help promote the Relay, else I'm going to bow out on the whole thing. Far too much work for me with very little support or help to keep it moving and keeping things documented here.

That said, wishing the best for everyone for the Holiday week and a very Happy New Year.

I'll be awaiting replies here.

Yep... I know.
Been a solo rider all my life (doesn't play well with others :roll: ) so I have no idea who to nominate/vote for.
I took the easy way out and left it for others more involved to make the decision. Sorry for being such a slacker :(

Feeling bad about it however, still doesn't help with the decision.
Todd, Please consider my vote to be placed by you by proxy. I respect and trust your decision.

Happy holidays everyone

I hope others chime in here also. If it could work out to split the pot between Jim and Pete's buddy Johnny's family, that would be great. Otherwise I don't have a problem with Jim recieving the whole fund. :D :D :D

I just thought about this, and an added nomination of BJ's family would be a great consideration. He will be missed.

Back