• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

U.S. Relay to the Rally 2009

I am in Salt Lake City Utah. I can do anything within Utah.

Baton Team:
Any comments from the baton Carriers that I could pass on to the sewing queen, Louise, my wife on the travel bag and the soft Baton Protective Sleeve. I'm sure she would really appreciate some feed back.:cheer:
We'll be in Michigan the first of June and would again be available for transport duty.

RandyP

RandyP wrote:
Baton Team:
Any comments from the baton Carriers that I could pass on to the sewing queen, Louise, my wife on the travel bag and the soft Baton Protective Sleeve. I'm sure she would really appreciate some feed back.:cheer:
We'll be in Michigan the first of June and would again be available for transport duty.

RandyP

Tell your wife that her contribution is greatly appreciated. The craftsmanship and attention to detail is second to none. :) :)

When you reach into the pouch to take the baton out for a hand-off it makes you feel like your carrying a rare treasure.

Randy, let her know it is kept my hands from freezing to the metal on the climb up Brasstown Bald in the cold. :laugh:

It is a very nice touch. I fear the white part will be a bit soiled from handling when it gets to the destination though.

Also tell her we were tempted to use it as headgear on that cold walk up the mountain. Wayne even started out wearing his helmet:laugh: but we decided it would "dishonor" both the baton and Miss Louise by using it for that purpose;)

I'm ready and available here in NY. Located just west of Bennington VT, I could meet someone in Ma , southern NY , CT or right here

Hal

All right, the date is set.

I'm meeting Bill Hagan in Cashiers, NC this Saturday sometime between 11:00AM and 12:00PM for a hand-off to have him move the baton north. If no one speaks up before Bill get's to DC then it looks like DC will be the next stop. If anything changes between now and then I'll let you know.

Dilliw wrote:
Yeh and I can't figure out how to make it public without changing all of my photos.

Here's the first one:

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g152/Dilliw/Relay 1/DSC05124.jpg

Change the photo name to DSC05125 through 137

Sorry bout that :(

You want to head up fast and come back slow or the other way around?

You can upload your photos to the official site: http://picasaweb.google.com/GuzziRelay09 (Just put them in SC album)

It's supposed to be a nice day so I figure on site seeing both ways. :) B)

Hi all,

It looks like Nick will pick up the flywheel in DC on the 7 and meet either Dan and/or myself in NJ on the 9th. We will then run around the city that night or the next morning. After that we will head north to meet Hal, Waspp, in Albany, NY. He will head home that night, near Bennington, VT.

If there is a Delay in transfer, I will meet Hal the following monday.

Then what?

Is the baton going to head east from Hal, or is it going to head west. I'm trying to get a sense of when or if so I can plan accordingly.

Doug

It would be VERY cool for the baton to make it up here North of the border in Alberta, Canada. I could ride down to either northern Montana (Kalispell?), Washington (Spokane) or Idaho (Coeur d'Alene). I am still trying to work out details about getting to the rally in Colorado this year.

It's still a bit tough to think about riding right now considering we still have snow in our forecast and lots of snow, ice and mountains of gravel on the roads around here.

However, by the time the baton makes it out this far... we "might" be done with all the snow.

WitchCityBallabio wrote:
Is the baton going to head east from Hal, or is it going to head west. I'm trying to get a sense of when or if so I can plan accordingly.

Doug

Good question. I could bring it out to western MA toward you and then it could make the rounds up through NH and Maine. Another possibility would be if I met Aaron further south say around Hudson and headed out from there over to MA towards Great Barrington to pass off the baton.

Hal

Screamday breaks.

BHagan_HO_PickensSC.jpg

The Baton moves on...

More after the break :)

DSC05138.jpg

I got an emailed photo frm Bill where he picked up the baton from Dilliw. Not sure I can attach it from my pda.

Screamday, sorry I couldn't be more helpful. I'm traveling and was in Toledo OH. Couldn't do much from there.

So the coolest part of the day. Not 2 minutes after Screamday's bike shuts down, a guy pull up in a Saab asking about the bikes. Turns out he lives next to the station, has owned several Guzzi's, has T3 parts bike (no good for us though), and is about to pick up a Breva 750 from Speaker's. He kept Screamday company and lent us many tools!

Also while I was gone to meet Bill, another MGNOC couple stopped by.

And finally, two HD riders stopped and offered assistance plus a guy on an old Wing who "tried" to help.

This whole episode was my fault; I insisted that we take a "short cut"......

Back