• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

U.S. Relay to the Rally 2009

It looks like I'll be meeting Joe Casey Saturday to exchange the baton. He and I are meeting in Pa. to make the exchange.

Now, here is where it gets interesting. The following Wednesday, I will be leaving to go to the Missouri Rally. I am torn here. I know the folks out West had very little to do with the baton last year, and I have the ability to change that this year. I also realize that it would skip some folks this side of the Mississippi if I do that.

PLEASE, give me some feedback here. If the general concensus is for me to pass it off prior to the Missouri Rally, I'll try to accomodate. If everyone is ok with what I am thinking, the baton will be in Anderson Missouri next week this time and can be handed off there.

Again, please let me know what the concensus is. Time will run out before you know it.

Zoom Zoom,
John Henry

Keep it moving John, there's bound to be someone at the rally who can take it North, South or West. IMHO, last thing we want is to have it stalled somewhere. Sure would make a good photo op to have Mr & Mrs. Luap pose with it on the new Stelvio.

Posted on Wild Guzzi as well

No brainer... Take it to the rally... more opportunities to share and spread the fun. Let it go where it has the best chance to meet the most Guzzi riders. Lots of people are not on the web. A large gathering seems to me to be the best. Ride safe. Need any help... let me know. J good

Hi all

Been monitoring the progress on the Relay from the start. Looks like everyones been having a good time participating. I know I did hauling it across a few state lines last year.

Zoom Zoom, sounds like a solid plan taking it to the SWMO Rally if no ones grabs it before then. There will be lots of riders attending from all four points of the compass. Here's a suggestion in the mean time. The membership map on WG has quite a number of riders all along your planned route to Laups. Maybe a window of opportunity for a rider or two, seeing as not everyone checks the forum each and every day as mentioned.

Lastly, I want to give a big thanks to Todd for all his hard work and coordination efforts in helping make the 09 Relay to the Rally a success.

Will be standing by in Anderson, MO if needed!

Ciao
Michael D
MGNOC OK rep

My pleasure Michael.

The baton is on the move today, but frustratingly enough a post was made only to WG (and not here) as to its plans & movement today (not directed to Zoom).

Hope to see some words here, and as to pictures, please upload them to the Picasa page or send them to me direct email.

Safe travels everyone, and be sure to have fun with it.

The baton now rests in Northeast Ohio. Here are some pics of my portion of todays journey:

We met at Uncommon Motorcycles in the town of Northeast Pa.

Pictured here are Joe Casey, Western NY rep; Derick Bird in back, from the Pittsburg area; Peter Askey, of Uncommon Motorcycles, (Also the 1973 National Trials Champion); John Henry in back; and Jim Casey on the far right.

Joe Casey and the baton transport vehicle.

John Henry and the next transport vehicle.

The chicks really dig the baton. Eat your heart out Pete. We have plastic poultry!:laugh:

A visit to the North Coast. Lake Erie near Harborcreek Pa.

My living room, just because it seemed right!

There is no more debate. I will take the baton to the SW Missouri Rally. That seems to be the majority vote. The voting is now closed. Many will have an opportunity from there. Regards to all.

Zoom Zoom,
John Henry

I tried to get a few locals involved Sunday, without much luck. Anyway, Jan and I took the baton for a short ride around this area. I thought it might be nice for a lady Guzzi rider to carry it a bit.

DSC01419.jpg

This is Jan near one of the many covered bridges in Ashtabula County.

DSC01426.jpg

Well, the sign says it all.

Zoom Zoom,
John henry

I expect to hook up with John around noon on Wednesday to carry the parcel a little ways west. The weatherman looks like he is going to cooperate.

I have added an envelope to the pack for any on the spot donations that people may want to contribute. I figured that there may be less internet savy folks that would be interested as well.

Todd, I hope this is ok with you. I am fairly certain that any Guzzisti would be trustworthy regarding this.

Zoom Zoom,
John Henry

John, no problem what so ever. Just would be sure the person/total is noted in the logbook.

Terry, will be awaiting updates and photos. Thanks guys!

I will be returning home from soaking wet from Nashville tonight, and hope to get everything updated. If any of you have photos you have yet to post or send me, please do.

I'll be watching here.

I connected with John and Road King just before noon to participate a little bit in the relay. We exchanged the baton in Huber Heights OH and carried it to Richmond IN where I gave it back with the photo session at the state border. It rained the whole trip with a downpour most of the way back. Even though it was only 36 miles going west it was a good opportunity to get together.

:woohoo: Tis only 49 days to the start of the rally............:laugh:

Rain, rain go away.............ENOUGH ALREADY !!!

Tim in Illinois

I'm offering my services to pass the baton on.
I'm in Milwaukee, WI and can move it anytime anywhere. I'll go 600+ miles in any direction to pick it up or drop it off.
I've been trying to follow it on guzzitech.com, but I don't have any idea where it is now and where it's going. It does seem kind of slow going, and I'd like to see it move a little quicker so we can hit more destination points with it.
I'm thinking I could get it to MN. I think we have a couple members that would take it from there.
Please feel free to pm me, or ksiegel@thestringmonkey.com
Ken

Returned home from the SWMO rally last night and wanted to give an update on the "Relay to the Rally" progress. After the awards, door prizes, 50/50, etc. Luap turned the mic over to John Henry's recruitment for a baton carrier. Sorry, I don't have detailed info, but a Guzzi rider from Wisconsin, I believe will be heading North. He did mention a possibility of a handoff in Illinois. John Henry ETA home is late Monday, so the details may have to wait.

Michael D
MGNOC OK Rep

MDethrow_1.jpg

Alright! Heading towards Minnesota:)
Love to pass it on again this year. Sounds like Moto Fugazzi can get his hands on it for Wisconsin. Who else in Wi, MN, Io, or the Dakotas is up for a ride?

Finally settling back down here at home, and playing catch up. Thanks for all of the info and photos (here and direct guys!). Looking forward to more progress posts here soon.

Those interested in helping out, please continue to post.

The baton is safely in Wisconsin. Got in from the Wildgoose rally last night. Will be showing it around here a bit and either turning over to Moto Fugazzi, taking to the Illinoids rally this weekend or possibly both.
Have lost my ability to post pics as all my free hosting sites want $ now and cut me off. Either need another free one or learn how to create my own website as I get space with my ISP. Amzing how quickly ones skills go obsolete!:laugh: Did get a few pics on the way home so need to get those up. Will have more soon.

ccoli wrote:
The baton is safely in Wisconsin. Got in from the Wildgoose rally last night. Will be showing it around here a bit and either turning over to Moto Fugazzi, taking to the Illinoids rally this weekend or possibly both.
Have lost my ability to post pics as all my free hosting sites want $ now and cut me off. Either need another free one... Did get a few pics on the way home so need to get those up. Will have more soon.
Thanks for the update! We have our own free photo upload site at Picasa HERE. Log-in is: GuzziRelay09 -- Password: teammember ---- Once you sign in, there is a small "Upload" button near the top center. Be sure to create a new Album prior to uploading. You do *not* need to download/install the Picasa software if you don't want...
*OR* you can e-mail them to me direct; Todd at GuzziTech.com (max 20mb per e-mail).
Also, try to update the Google Map (same sign in info above) as well, click HERE.

I'll be anxiously awaiting more info from you. Be sure to post here when you get the pics uploaded.

While in Wisconsin, someone should try to schlep it over to the "Mother Church" of MG Cycle in Albany. I'm sure like me, many owe Gordon and Rick for all they do to keep our old and new iron on the road.

Back