• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

U.S. Relay to the Rally 2009

Update from Adrian (5.25):
Picked up the baton from Earl C yesterday afternoon south of Minneapolis and brought it home to Sartell/St Cloud.

IRF has as follows: John Henry - $50 check. Jan Morgan $20 cash, Terry Whittaker $20 cash, Dale Hanson $20 cash, Earl Cleven $20 cash for $130 total in the envelope.

Its heading to Fargo from here and ultimately will be handed off on Wednesday to Phil Heilman from Minot ND who will drop down to the Kansas rally so it makes it way West again.
Earl Cleven said he and John Ulrich attempted to contact anyone heading west with no luck. The only contact with rider(s) in Montana and Wyoming stated they were unable to help this year, leaving a dead-end in the Dakotas again this year. So... I imagine the likelihood of having it move to the West or Southwest after Kansas, then up the coast to the PNW is better than having it stay here.

ARtoEC.jpg

Baton makes it to western Minnesota, South Dakota and North Dakota today! On Wednesday it heads down to the Nebraska rally and I'm sure it will make it to the PNW after that. There really is nothing, nobody and no hope between here and Spokane. Unless you've taken that trip, it's hard to understand how difficult it is to find gas, never mind a Guzzi to put it in.

If Vikings rode Motorcycles... I bet they'd be Guzzis ;)
Great to see both you and Lori, Eric. Ride Safe

Re:U.S. Relay to the Rally 2009 - Memorial Day

The Baton makes it to the Minnesota/North Dakota border at Fargo/Moorhead on Memorial Day

Thanks Adrain(!)... was that you that uploaded the pics or Earl? Any words for the blog?

Eric, great news as well, but you're killing me by the one photo post and no new additional info yet. ;)

RacerX wrote:
Thanks Adrain(!)... was that you that uploaded the pics or Earl? Any words for the blog?

Eric, great news as well, but you're killing me by the one photo post and no new additional info yet. ;)

I have more pictures I can send but the thread seems to only allow one. Where do I send them. Yesterday I passed off the baton to Wes and Linda Mikkelson. They met Phil this morning and passed the baton off to him. Linda and Wes have pictures as well. Is there an email address or a blog to post to? Forgive my ignorance. I came on board a bit late.

Hey Eric,
Sorry I didn't pass on the info for updates:blush:

See Todd's info / link below for the Official relay site. From there you can go directly to the google Picasa photo album site to see whats happened. You can then log on using GuzziRelay09 to upload yours using teammember as your user name.

Links from sites like picasa will allow you to show several photos on this forum instead of trying to upload one at a time

Also you can add locations and notes to the progress map with the same log-in info

RacerX wrote:
Chat below as to the launch of the National Guzzi Relay '09. Announce your name, and area you'd like to handle to Relay the Baton en route to the 38th Annual MGNOC National Rally in Salida, CO.

For sign up, donation to the Injured Rider's Fund, progress and photos, see; http://NationalGuzziRelay.com

Thanks, Adrian. I posted pictures and edited the map. I heard from Linda today that Phil picked up the baton in Glyndon. It's on it's way to Nebraska. Let's plan on taking it across the plains next year. I've got it all figured out. 300 miles from my house to Minot, 800 miles to Glacier National Park, another 250 or so to Spokane, and anywhere between 250 to 400 miles to Seattle depending on the route. All told, less than 1700 miles. They don't seem to have any straight roads after you finish with Montana, but I think we can figure it out. And they'll have gasoline out there too. That stretch across Montana can be a bit dicey for things like gas ;)

Eric, great job! Any chance you can Phil in touch with me here or direct e-mail? Love to have him stay in touch, and send photos along.

RacerX wrote:
Eric, great job! Any chance you can Phil in touch with me here or direct e-mail? Love to have him stay in touch, and send photos along.

Linda has some pictures of the handoff she's probably trying to figure out how to post right now. I've told her i"ll post them if she has difficulty. I wonder if there's anyone here on the board who's going to be at the Nebraska Rally and can track him down. Hopefully someone who can take it north west from there. I'm sure there will be. Anybody out there going to that rally?

Eric, I never heard from Linda & Phil at all... and I just got word that it is in Arkansas with the State Rep there. Need some help here folks(!?).

I picked the baton up in Council Grove, Kansas....No one was heading west. Phil brought it to the rally with him and I now have it in Arkansas...I will pass it on at my rally and send it towards the National..

Steve Walker
Arkansas State Rep

RS_rallybaton.jpg

Thanks Steve.

So can you guys help me out with the Google map in it's tracks from N. Dakota to Arkansas?

Eric, I sent a PM.

Hi Todd,

I don't know the route from North Dakota to Kansas...But this is the route I took bringing it to Arkansas... My Google map did not work for me...
I left Council Grove heading east to Road L. Then travelled south to 99...then I 35 to Hwy 75. I then headed south to Hwy 160 and on to 166. I then headed east to Joplin and took Hwy 71 south to Bentonville, Arkansas. Right at 300 miles.

Steve

OK... Looks like Steve Walker and I are going to get together for a handoff here in NW Arkansas...

I'm heading to Colorado on the 18th to ride the Colorado Classic 1000, then will be at the National...

I'll post pics when we make the handoff...

Thanks for checking in Mike. I'd imagine you might have some company and/or hand it off to someone in TX or OK en route. Keep us posted here... pics, as always are preferred as you go.
Also of note... try to collect some donations locally for the I.R.F. prior to getting the baton. Also be sure that everyone that touches the baton reads the first few pages of the log book, and also puts a few words in it. Good?

As for it's continued travels this year...
Last year, I "awarded" the baton to the Long Distance Rider at my National in Malibu, to take home and "kick it off" this year. Since this is year two that it hasn't gotten to the Northwest, I'm open to keep it moving. Both Coasts seem to be able to move it along well/well documented. The IRF Fund remains open until mid-Dec. as well this year.

rocker59 wrote:
OK... Looks like Steve Walker and I are going to get together for a handoff here in NW Arkansas...

I'm heading to Colorado on the 18th to ride the Colorado Classic 1000, then will be at the National...

I'll post pics when we make the handoff...

Sorry,

I had the camera packed away and did not take any pictures on the way home...

Steve

Update:

I'm scheduled to meet Steve Walker in front of Walton's Five and Dime on the Bentonville Square at 10am tomorrow (Sunday).

If you're nearby, please join us...

B)

Back