• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100 H20 Stelvio Chat

Every time I talk to tradionalists about their bike and the conversation gets around to "what would you wish for if you could change something," it is almost always less weight, more power, better handling etc .
But when these wishes come true with the next model it turns out that their wish is either no longer wanted or they don't want 'that' version of what they asked for.

I find that odd, it's almost like they want the impossible.
The V100 was inevitable, it had to happen and I am glad it did.
Chris.

I dunno, it's been my experience that newer motorcycles just work better than old ones, they just keep getting better, so I can see how the Mandelo or new Stelvio could be considered the best Moto Guzzi to come off their assembly line based on performance. Same as the new BMW M1000XR or R1300GS are the best BMW's to come off their assembly line, etc.
Hello Clifton as far as newer bikes working better .My bike its a 2017 about three thousand miles into the ride the CEL comes on and does not shut off and it comes on ever ride I have a little over three miles on it.As far as being better motocycles no i dont think it is.So far I have replaced both lamba sensors the cam sensor and oil pressure sensor and guess what i still have the CEL still comes on I don't know how that is better than a older bike that is. And I just love cat converters which are big pain in the ass.And I don't think you can base on how great a motorcycle is by what horse power it pumps out .That really is not what MotoGuzzi is about.And I do like BMW motorcycles but do you really did 201 horse power from a S1000xr I call those coffin cycles because sooner or later you be in a coffin.The BMW R1300gs is nice heavy but nice. As far as those two BMW's being the best I know a lot of people who own BMW's from the 1970's and 1980's who would disagree with you on that one.But everyone is entitled to there own opinion and this is mine.Thank You Scott.

Last edited:
That's the same response I got after a friend rode my 67 V700
Hello what would you considering taking for the 67 700 since you consider it not suitable for riding anymore?
when someone said to my dad, "they don't make them like they used to", his response "thank God."
Yes they where made so the average person could work on it.The electrical system contained a battery a coil a set of points a condenser spark plug wires a resistor and a distributor cap yeah really hard to figure out.Not like like today's garbage that is all but impossible to diagnosis and to diagnosis you take it to a garage pay a hundred dollars to find out what's going on with it.Someone has no idea what they are talking about.
Thank You Scott Williams.

Last edited:
Can’t trust nothing till its bin proved out fer at least a decade and better if two. I wanna go back to points cuz I can set ‘em with pull tabs from Schlitz cans. Gimme a good ol rock hard 880 tie any day cuz they wear like iron. Don’t want no plastic either cuz ya can’t weld it when it breaks.

And eelectronics messing with suspension is just the work of the Devil his self!!! Never know when it’ll quit or go crazy throwing you on yer ass. But that’s whatcha deserves fer messing with traditions and things that work.

Hello Clifton as far as newer bikes working better .My bike its a 2017 about three thousand miles into the ride the CEL comes on and does not shut off and it comes on ever ride I have a little over three miles on it.As far as being better motocycles no i dont think it is.So far I have replaced both lamba sensors the cam sensor and oil pressure sensor and guess what i still have the CEL still comes on I don't know how that is better than a older bike that is. And I just love cat converters which are big pain in the ass.And I don't think you can base on how great a motorcycle is by what horse power it pumps out .That really is not what MotoGuzzi is about.And I do like BMW motorcycles but do you really did 201 horse power from a S1000xr I call those coffin cycles because sooner or later you be in a coffin.The BMW R1300gs is nice heavy but nice. As far as those two BMW's being the best I know a lot of people who own BMW's from the 1970's and 1980's who would disagree with you on that one.But everyone is entitled to there own opinion and this is mine.Thank You Scott.

Scott, I'm sorry to hear of the frustrating experience you're having trying to diagnose just what is triggering the check engine light. That's something I would have trouble with as well but a good tech should be able to do diagnose this. In my experience I've encountered far more problems on my older bikes than the newer ones. For example my 1993 R100R now has 31,000 miles and the list of what I have had to do as far as maintenance and repairs is too long to list here, but it includes leaking transmission, output seal, diode board and other electrical, transmission bearings, etc. Currently there is no spark to either plug. :( There are certainly things I appreciate on older stuff, mostly the relative simplicity, overall finish work, and especially styling.

When I mentioned "newer bikes just work better" I was referring to power, handling, brakes, MPG, and safety, as well as they require almost nothing other than gas, oil, tires, and a new air filter every few years. No points, timing to set, carburetors to balance and adjust, valve checks have been extended. My first Guzzi was a 1972 V7 Sport which I loved. It was a heck of a motorcycle back when I bought it in 1973 and I like the styling more than most new bikes today. BUT it would be a pig compared to the V85TT I ride now, The V85 is quicker, better handling, nicer suspension, far better lighting and brakes, electronic ignition, FI, cruise, better mpg, Nikisal cylinders rather than chrome line ones that flake off on the V7, the list goes on.

As long we are digging into the ownership archives, the last three bikes I have owned weighed the same and put out the same horsepower.
1981 Honda CB 750 best bike ever.
1995 BMW K75 best bike ever.
2012 Moto Guzzi Bellagio best bike ever.
How can 3 totally different bikes from 3 time zones be 'the best bike ever?'
Simply by the virtue of that's what I have.
The BIG difference with Guzzi is that it's has character and by that I mean it does some things really well and other things not so well so the contrast between those two make it almost bipolar.
In its element of roll.on sweepers and cruising I smile like a maniac but if it's knee deep in stop start traffic with more foot paddling than rolling then I curse it and wish for a Honda 90.
The BMW did everything well and ended up boring as a result - no contrast.
The Honda was again a great bike but 4 cylinder tingling ruined legal speed riding.
The Mandello runs into the risk of being too competent in all areas, losing contrast and character.
Chris.

Last edited:
Someone should show him how to plan his trip online, it's so much easier than pinning shit to the wall.
That’s my good friend Andrea. He went around the World on a CARC Stelvio as his first real motorcycle outside of riding scooters. He’s an old soul and lives for the adventure as a videographer. He’d pitch a tent on the sidewalk of a free 5-star accommodation for the story. He supposedly mentions me as he stayed with me for an extended time on his trek while his Mom was fighting cancer. I haven’t listened to the official full video yet.

That’s my good friend Andrea. He went around the World on a CARC Stelvio as his first real motorcycle outside of riding scooters. He’s an old soul and lives for the adventure as a videographer. He’d pitch a tent on the sidewalk of a free 5-star accommodation for the story. He supposedly mentions me as he stayed with me for an extended time on his trek while his Mom was fighting cancer. I haven’t listened to the official full video yet.
Are you for real? That's amazing. (Hope it was obvious I was joking, btw)

From Andrea…
Hi Todd!! How are you?
Yes, I just finished filming last night. I made all the various launch contents for the new Stelvio! At Eicma it will be launched with a main "hero" video and another series of videos and photos 🙂 In January then another content will be released in the form of an interview and video coverage where I also talk about you :)
The bike is really fantastic, much lighter than it looks. I've ridden it for quite a few km, it seems less rigid than the v85 (which is my bike now) and... aesthetically it is beautiful 🙂

Super eager to hear what he has to say about the bike. I'd watch a video of the two of you talking about it.

Super eager to hear what he has to say about the bike. I'd watch a video of the two of you talking about it.
Heh, if my name doesn’t get cut from the official video in January, I’ll be shocked.
The core Italia Guzzi contingent get what I do, most other Piaggio corporate do not.

I'm wondering if "less rigid" is due to the rubber mounted foot peg assemblies?

...The bike is really fantastic, much lighter than it looks. I've ridden it for quite a few km, it seems less rigid than the v85 (which is my bike now) and...aesthetically it is beautiful

Back