• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100 Mods thread

I put the order in a couple of weeks after I first saw the bike. At that stage the dealer didn't have a lot of details on delivery or exact pricing, so basically it was a $500 deposit on a green bike whenever they arrived.
I was a bit disappointed when I saw the actual bike with the mat black rims so I had the bike delivered straight from the dealer to the painter, two pac and clear coated. I'm really happy with the job and the color, which is a bit more gold than the Guzzi champagne rims.
Debating with myself as to whether I get the rocker covers to match.

" two pac"
Just a two part paint, paint and hardener.
Much tougher than a single part paint, relying on solvents to evaporate and set.
Don't know what you guys call it.

I have always heard of paint with a hardener as two stage. I've done both but I don't do much painting anymore. I used to paint my race boats but paint has gotten terribly expensive. I resorted to implement paint however color choices are very limited.
kk

Not as big of a mod as painting my wheels, but one I've needed to do since getting new boots.

20240203 120622
The stock shifter peg was "okay" for my old Sidi boots, but was causing issues with my new Forma or Daytona Road Stars. Not quite enough room for size 48 with a taller toe box.

Looks like I got the last one, it says SOLD OUT. :(

Life cost is clearly different on each country. Barcelona is not a cheap town but here in Spain, close to Barcelona, a very talented professional painter specialized on classic bikes painted my Mandello OEM panniers on the original Rosso Magma color for 40€.
He always paints the classic bikes I restored myself and always does a great job.

Yep, one of the more stupid inventions is the "tail tidy"...... sounds like a personal hygiene product..

My Ducati has one of those things. Riding in very mild rain causes the back of neck to get wet from the tire spray.. Brilliant idea.
Problem is the Guzzi rear guard looks hideous and let's spray back as well.
For the front there's a really good extender from the UK.

You mean the Pyramid Plastics extra long one? Trouble is, it's still nowhere near long enough, and it's much too close to the wheel. I've ordered one and will report back when it's fitted.
20230821 120354

It helps, but it's not a cure all. Some crud gets thrown up onto the front of the engine and onto the oil filter cover, but nothing can stop everything.

I have used similar extenders on bikes that are primarily used for my longer distance riding, where the chance of being caught in inclement weather is greater. I'm not crazy about how they look, so I don't add one to all my bikes.

Last edited:
I also have the Fenda Extenda mud guard extension, plus I have an engine block guard as well.
With this engine block guard any spray isn’t an issue anymore.
There can potentially be spray reaching the radiator, so I will probably look for a radiator guard in the future.

I've used these mudflaps on various motorcycles to extend the fender. They are from Piaggios/Vespa MP 3.

front-fender-mudflap-l-h-and-r-h-mp3-647987

Last edited:
I've used these mudflaps on various motorcycles to extend the fender. They are from Piaggios/Vespa MP 3.

scooterwest.com/front-fender-mudflap-l-h-and-r-h-mp3-647987.html

Good eye Dave!

+1 for Piaggio.

I see that fender almost every day. Yet another reason that I adore Piaggio MP3’s 🥰

IMG 3749
IMG 3750

I noticed the new Stelvio comes standard with a sump guard. I'm wondering if it will fit on the Mandello. It looks pretty nice and covers the bottom and a large portion up the front. Does anyone have thoughts on it? 1707336815111

Maybe we can get Mind is to do a carbon front fender for the v7 and v85
Haha, won't work. I'm all about style that somewhat functions, and some are looking just for function and nothing else. The solution to that is to cut a piece of rubber mat from your doorstep that says "Live Love Laugh", a foot wide and long enough to reach the ground. Bolt it to front fender and that's it! Nailed it! No more dirt goes anywhere from front wheel! Actually, make it 2ft wide, just to be sure...
I also have solutions for rear fenders and windscreens, follow me for more recipes :)

Back