Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

V85TT Exhaust Thread

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Jul 24, 2019.

?

I own a V85TT and...

1. Love this muffler and will buy it!

42.9%
  2. Prefer a more standard style muffler.

42.9%
  3. Will stick with stock.

14.3%
  1. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Leading off with our full Baja TT Werks style muffler. This is a prototype ONLY. Don’t be fooled by the looks vs. sound. The full meg is a muffler. Our Y-pipe is on the bench, and those puny 1.5” headers have to go. Full system next up. We’ll do a longer muffler for those who are running bags. I’ll post updates as we go.

Interest from those who have or will be getting a V85TT?

9EBA0B70-DD0B-48DB-A769-E1EE2CCBDE9F.jpeg
    B19D840F-FF94-4D25-9F9F-EEE1C9E80B90.jpeg
    ADF65CA9-E56D-474F-A742-5BA047D6F7F7.jpeg

Poppe likes this.
  2. Faisal

Faisal Cruisin' Guzzisti

That looks nice. The finished product will look absolutely bitchin no doubt. Can't wait to see and hear the longer one with a cat delete.

Are you thinking of diversifying the design or will it just be one exhaust type?

How much gains in horsepower and torque do you except to see with a full exhaust system and a PCV?

3. GT-Rx®

Thanks, and diversifying how so? For the small few that will buy mine, I really can't spread my resources too thin. Everyone will likely forego mine for a bigger name brand, despite lesser quality and no dyno info.
    Power gains: Based on my two decades of Guzzi dyno work, getting them to the crank rated power is pretty easy, so 80 rwhp. We shall see just how stifled this motor is here soon. Dyno info to come when done and the fueling kit sorted, which will take some time, as no one seems to have full access to the ECU yet.

4. Faisal

Faisal Cruisin' Guzzisti

Have you seen the "big brands" you mentioned? Except for maybe one, they all look pretty horrible... That's a subjective matter, I understand, however; you need to actually be blind in one eye and have 90% cataract in the other eye to like the big brand designs over the GT-Rx design, even in its unfinished prototype phase.

I'll be waiting for the dyno results and the full exhaust system then. 80rwhp sounds nice.

5. kiwi dave

kiwi dave GT Reference

Is the new pipe going to allow a normal pannier on the LHS, rather than having to extend outwards to avoid the existing silencer?

I'd like to see a photo of the rear from directly behind.

6. GT-Rx®

I sure have! And to me, they are all painfully bad recycles.
    Yes, I'm anxious to dig in. The ECU is in fact the same type as the California 1400 - with ride-by-wire of course. Ugh.

7. GT-Rx®

Dave, I’ll snap one tomorrow. The stock muffler bolts to the outside of the mount, mine bolts to the inside as you see. I’m pretty sure mine is significantly inward. I also didn’t need to crush the connector pipe down like they did stock. My goal was to allow a symmetrically balanced bag set, yes.

luigi57 likes this.
  8. Faisal

Faisal Cruisin' Guzzisti

Todd,

Is there anything reasonable that can be done to the stock exhaust or cat that will cause a decent / adequate exhaust tone? Or is it too much of a hassle?

Something temporary until you're done with the exhaust system options.

9. GT-Rx®

Nothing simple or easy, no. I guess I would start with just the Y-pipe, which is available now/soon. I should have one of mine ready to ship late next week.

Faisal likes this.
  10. Faisal

Faisal Cruisin' Guzzisti

I'll have to wait then. Shipping costs of several parts individually will probably cost as much as a muffler.

Also, removable baffle?

11. Faisal

Faisal Cruisin' Guzzisti

Any updates on this, Todd?

12. GT-Rx®

Will have some more photos to show later today. What are you waiting to see?

13. Faisal

Faisal Cruisin' Guzzisti

I would like to see and hear the full exhaust (headers + y pipe + long muffler for bags). Will it have a removable baffle?

14. GT-Rx®

I'll can't show the long version until one is ordered. We dyno develop the muffler and db, so it would not be removable, however all of my systems have a nice deep sound and deliver great power.

15. GT-Rx®

Full system prototype pic below. All pieces are modular and can fit the stock parts, including headers... however, the GTM headers and Y-pipe for the full system are larger diameter, so those would need to be ordered as a set. Muffler will fit stock or GTM Y. I’ll put the order page up in the next day or so. Based on the poll, looks like little interest right now, so they will be built to paid order only.

BD8388FA-B97A-499D-9B76-9D1E0E678B30.jpeg

tsak8 and Mayakovski like this.
  16. Robert Gibson

Robert Gibson Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Nice piece of kit Todd, and paid order only certainly the way to go.

17. GT-Rx®

Thanks(!), and learned my lesson finally on building to verbal votes and orders.

18. Faisal

Faisal Cruisin' Guzzisti

I see the skid plate for the headers are not installed. Is that just for photographic reasons or will they not fit due to the larger diameter?

Have you had any luck with the tuning process? I would like to place an order for the full system + long muffler but I'm waiting on tuning updates as well.

Thank you Todd. Great looking exhaust btw.

GT-Rx® likes this.
  19. Mayakovski

Mayakovski Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

Lookin' Sexy as Hell.

GT-Rx® likes this.
  20. GT-Rx®

Skid plate is still on. The silly header covers where they drop down to the tiny 1.5"/38mm diameter would not be reused, as those are just cosmetic covers.
    Tuning will take some time as they changed the Diag plug along with a new ECU for this bike. I will only sell the full system once I have the fueling resolved. For now, I will sell the Y-pipe and muffler.
    Welcome otherwise. I'll update this thread as we go.