• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

guess this road......

I smelled something rather good before I saw the building. Your first guess might be wrong. Where are we?

photo709.JPG

It's not Kansas, and it's not Virginia. Or Switzerland despite the red flag. My local grocer sells their products and they're delicious. I know eggsackery where it is but I'm not telling although Cristoforo Colombo would probably have known the area

Series4 said:
My local grocer sells their products and they're delicious. I know eggsackery where it is but I'm not telling although Cristoforo Colombo would probably have known the area
Heres a shot in the dark!
The "Amaretti" word I know is from Amaretto di Saronno.
Italian almonds flavored liqueur.

My mom used to make Amaretto cookies with this. humm good!

Series4 said:
OK, this next one from me should be quite a simple exercise in logic.
From this point to the photo taken at the Ligne de Partage eighteen minutes elapsed
I was riding briskly but not fast, fast (too much to see!)
Would this make sense .....
fast expresso 3 min :lol:
15 min travel at average speed of 60 or 70km/h
15km to 18 km radius?

Attachments

• imagesCAJPI108.jpg
    imagesCAJPI108.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 578
DanPez said:
The "Amaretti" word I know is from Amaretto di Saronno. Italian almonds flavored liqueur.

the almond part is right; so is the Italian part. The liqueur part? not so much.

Series4 said:
I think perhaps that Dan's mama provides a good clue. Dopo cena, con caffe?
:)
Per dire sicuramente io preferisco un po di Sambuca Molinari.
Me sicuro dopo un bel pranzo, in compagnia, ci vuole un digestivo con il caffe!

I went to my alimantari yesterday and checked. According to the wrapper they're in Sassello. They make the amaretti dolce, pannetone (Christmas) and colombe (Easter)

Dan, you're close with your speed estimate. Assume six minutes for the coffee. After 300km on a LM saddle I wasn't in a hurry to get back on

Series4 said:
Just to put my last one to bed, it's at 44.873769,4.193269
I would never have found it ..... I was looking at different angles from D122.

Daniel Kalal said:
With earthquakes in the news, we would do well not to forget what happened here. Name it.
I did find a sight for US earthquake history:
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eqarchives/

Largest Earthquake in Kansas
Manhattan, Riley County, Kansas
1867 04 24 20:22 UTC
Magnitude 5.10
Intensity VII

DanPez said:
Largest Earthquake in Kansas
Manhattan, Riley County, Kansas
1867 04 24 20:22 UTC
Magnitude 5.10
Intensity VII

We had a 4.3 a few months ago (centered across the border in Oklahoma). Lots of swaying motion at the top floor of the US courthouse building--it felt like more.

But, the town in the photograph had one well above that, and if you were there you would have noticed it.

Series4 said:
Just to put my last one to bed...
Oops. Sorry; didn't mean to stick my post in there before the previous one was done.

answer: I-70 across Utah.

(until fairly recently, I-70 in Utah was actually still a two-lane road in several places)

Where is this?

Attachments

• baker nv 2012 077.JPG
    baker nv 2012 077.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 384
  • baker nv 2012 080.JPG
    baker nv 2012 080.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 384
  • baker nv 2012 083.JPG
    baker nv 2012 083.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 384
Back