• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

tonti & loop pix thread

the sport (redframe wanna-be), RAM clutch & pods, otherwise stock:
guzzi.jpg

the tourer, bone-stock G5
marfa.jpg

and the daily driver, 71' Ambo, changed the shocks and installed nos bubs since these pics but otherwise the same

IMG_2588.JPG

IMG_2589.JPG

AlexM

Alex, NICE(!), thanks for posting them... and on your daily rider... :huh: :blink: -- I appreciate anything that still moves though, good on you.

GT-Rx said:
Fresh & ripe out of the GT garage for a fellow SoCal'er. Started life as an Aluminum. Not my favorite in color, but to each his own.

Heh, very Seventies! Should have had a pluche seat, though (or why not even on the tank!) ;)

GT-Rx said:
Alex, NICE(!), thanks for posting them... and on your daily rider... :huh: :blink: -- I appreciate anything that still moves though, good on you.

Thanks Todd, I love the thing, it's very satisfying keeping a survivor on the road.

AlexM

I do love the coffin shaped tanks. Thats one of the things I loved most about my V50.

Picture110.jpg

I had to sell it on though, it had a 'box issue that I couldnt resolve on my own. The new owner has restored it largely, including repainting it the original red.

Is the Cali III a Tonti frame? If so, this is the one I have now:

AAAA0019.jpg

If not, pretend I didnt post that pic ;)

---
What is the Griso frame design called?

My 1986 SPII 1000
100_9506.jpg

Since photos I have installed Vetter saddle bags and Vetter trunk I can remove for daily use. I have also installed newer Valve covers like from an EV but with out the sensor. Also have floating rotors from a Cali on the front that have nickel coated.

GuzziHero said:
Is the Cali III a Tonti frame? If so, this is the one I have now...
---
What is the Griso frame design called?
GH, Your Cali sure is a Tonti, see below.
The new Guzzis have their own frames nearly for each model, hence why we've started referring to them as "CARC" Guzzis (ref. final drive assy). Thanks for the post.
From Wiki;
Before the Tonti Frame, several Guzzis used a frame known as the Loop Frame. It was at the time, considered sufficient.

Engineered by Lino Tonti, the Tonti Frame represented a significant breakthrough for Moto Guzzi, giving the company a new and up-to-date structural backbone for its cycles beginning with the famed V7 Sport of 1971. Tonti designed the frame with racing in mind, with the goals of mass centralization, lighter weight and compactness. The frame is especially light and strong, and remains in use to this day in modified form in the small block Breva 750 and Nevada Classic and in the big block California. The design contrasted sharply with competitors' frame designs at the time of its introduction; many motorcycles were noted for their "hinge in the middle" feel. Notably, the frame tilts the engine slightly rearward.

The Tonti frame was engineered for stiffness using short, straight tubes working well with the engine design and allowing the main backbone to pass through the cylinder splay and connect the steering head to the swingarm in the shortest possible distance.

The frame hugs the engine tightly, giving 'Tonti' big-blocks a low center of gravity and compact overall dimensions. Unladen, 'Tonti' Guzzis are very small, low and easy to handle. Detachable lower-frame tubes accommodate engine access and can be modified for specific applications such as floorboards and pegs.

2002 California Special Sport

Attachments

• cal-ss-01.jpg
    cal-ss-01.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 1,649
  • cal-ss-02.jpg
    cal-ss-02.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 1,649
Fred,

Looks like some very nice work. I can hardly wait to see the finished product. If completed, will you bring her to Guzzis in the Blue Ridge next August?

iamjim said:
2002 California Special Sport

JIM! I had no idea (from memory) of you doing any mods... lookin' good!

john zibell said:
Fred,

Looks like some very nice work. I can hardly wait to see the finished product. If completed, will you bring her to Guzzis in the Blue Ridge next August?

I hope so!

Fun.

Pepo Rosell and Reyes Ramón of [url=http://www.radicalducati.com/:19u5ofer]Radical Ducati[/url] of Madrid said:
We realize it's no Mona Lisa; This bike was built in a very short amount of time, as something exclusively for the road with tracker and 50s bobber overtones...

Attachments

• RadDuc-GuzziDT2.jpg
    RadDuc-GuzziDT2.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 1,301
  • RadDuc-GuzziDT1.jpg
    RadDuc-GuzziDT1.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 1,301
  • RadDuc-GuzziDT3.jpg
    RadDuc-GuzziDT3.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 1,301
Back