RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest, Welcome to the GT Forum! GuzziTech is now back to our origins; We hope you enjoy the Guzzi Global Community Forum here. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: If you are posting on numerous sites on the web, please stop back and follow up. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Note all of our products and custom bike builds are now on our sister site; GTMotoCycles.com - Store tab above. You need a different username and password to get into the new GTM Store system - pending and past order info is available there. NOTE: We are not Amazon, we are a tiny one man operation with several business going at once - Sign into the Store to check on orders before contacting us. Thanks for your patience on orders. For those who are new here, the owner of this site (Todd - GT-Rx®) has been immersed in Guzzis since 1999. He's raced and wrenched for two-thirds of his life, both Pro dirt-track and road-race, and contributed to Cycle World Magazine from 2000~2007. He began Guzzi dyno performance modifying and fuel tuning in 2001, and has been wrenching them full time since 2007. His GT MotoCycles workshop has been open for ~4 years in Orange, CA. We do not have a phone number for this site or GTM, we're online only... do not ask us to call you. Click on the Service tab above for more info or to book an appointment -- it is not a retail shop to visit. If you're in L.A., you can come sample our work via our rental fleet - click the image link above. In a few short years GuzziTech.com will hit the 20 year mark of providing advice and tech tips for free. Understand that this is a privately paid for website, not a free social media platform littered with ads to help pay for it. Donations appreciated via the Account upgrade (see Site Support section below) or the Donate tab above, which unlocks all of the content here along with the Classifieds, Ask the Wrench sections and our Seasonal discount notices. Thank you for all of the continued support and contributions.

V7 Registry & Picture thread -- ADD YOUR BIKE

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Blue on Black

Blue on Black Just got it firing!

One month and 400 miles later. Added some GIVI crash bars, drilled out the fake holes in the injector covers, added some moulding to the pinchweld around the gas tank (it looked unfinished to me), polished the valve cover bolts and added some stainless ones to the plug covers. Vagrant is sending me a passenger grab rail. Will likely pop a center stand on after that. Not a single problem with the bike except the left mirror vibrating loose, and I adjusted the shift lever higher. First couple hundred miles felt slow and clunky, but it's really smoothing out and shifting nicely now. The power band is great and I can feel it increasing with every ride. VERY HAPPY WITH MY GUZZI!!!!

20180409_124505.jpg

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  2. mjanecka

mjanecka Just got it firing! GT Famiglia

IMG_20180409_170336.jpg
    Newb Alert!

I’ve been riding for only about two and a half years now, but my love affair with Guzzis started well before that.

A little bit of backstory … I live just a few blocks away from Moto International in Seattle. For years I drove by, to and from work, and spotted their V7s sitting out on the sidewalk. I didn’t ride at the time, but I think it was seeing those beautiful bikes every day for years that finally pushed me to getting my license.

So I took the test and got my license in October 2015. I was prepared to buy a V7 at the time, until a neighbor offered to sell me his 20 year old Yamaha XJ600 for real cheap. While the temptation of the V7 was strong, my better judgement ruled out and I bought the XJ to learn on. It was a great learner bike! I laid it down once, two weeks after starting to ride, in a slow speed low-side on slick streets on a real cold morning in November 2015. Glad I didn’t lay down a new V7!

I rode and learned on the XJ for six months, until I was ready for a new bike. Lo and behold my first “new” bike purchase wasn’t the V7. It was a 2015 Yamaha FJ-09, dealer demo, low miles, full warranty, purchased in January 2017. I think my rational side wanted a bike with all the bells, whistles, power and UJM reliability ... that also wouldn’t break my bank. So, I consider the FJ my “head” purchase. It’s a great bike and I’m glad it’s in my stable for those long trips and wet weather daily commuting.

But my heart still really wanted the V7. So on the second day of 2018, I walked down to Moto International and wrote a check for my "heart" purchase. It is an absolute joy to ride.

Black 2017 V7III
    D.O.P: 1/2/2018
    VIN: ZGULDU007HM000006

The Mod Plan Money Pit™...

What's Done:
    • Satin aluminum number plate
    • Knee tank protectors
    • Satin mudguards
    Coming Up:
    • small luggage rack
    • MG tail light hanger
    • GTM V7III Tail Tidy Kit
    • new mirrors
    • New exhaust. (between GT-RX or Agostinis)
    • GT's re-flash doohickey =D
    • New tires! (Sport Demons inspire no confidence!)
    • replacing all the plastic pieces
    • and so on
    IMG_20180409_084916.jpg

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  3. GerryP

GerryP Cruisin' Guzzisti

Sweet looking ride. I just made the same brake mods to my Stone.

4. GerryP

GerryP Cruisin' Guzzisti

[​IMG]

My V7 II Racer VIN # ZGULW3004GM200697 DOP 02/11/17
    It was a year old and had 236 miles on it when I bought it, did about 2,000 miles last year, hope to add many more in 2018
    I've fitted a tail tidy, Mistral long silencers, MUPO cartridge emulators in the forks, Brembo RCS master cylinder, four pot Brembo caliper, a Dart screen, and Oberon bar end mirrors.

Neville,

A real sweet looking V7. I just had the same brake mods done to my Stone.

Enjoy.

Gerry

Nashou66, roadscum and GT-Rx® like this.
  5. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

Well congrats and welcome to the GT and Guzzi Famiglia! Did you get to meet Dave Richardson and that era crew at all then?

scudracer likes this.
  6. GT-Rx®

Congrats Gerry, thanks for posting! Hope you do as well.

scudracer likes this.
  7. GuzziTex

GuzziTex Just got it firing! GT Contributor

Here is my 2017 V7 III Racer, No. 73, that I have had for less than a week. I'm looking forward to the forum.

V7III R.jpg

TBro, Nashou66, Bill Hagan and 2 others like this.
  8. mjanecka

mjanecka Just got it firing! GT Famiglia

I did meet Dave before he retired. When my wife was learning to ride, I bought her a used Suzuki TU-250 from him. I also popped in to his shop just to ogle the Guzzis. :D

GT-Rx® likes this.
  9. GT-Rx®

Congrats and welcome. Love to get your VIN# and the rest of the info for the first post of this thread. TIA.

10. Zdenek

Zdenek Just got it firing!

Hello all,
    I introduce my V7 Classic 2010.
    ZGULW0007AM114189.
    Previous owner modified color scheme with tape - I'm going to remove it and restore original red lines.
    It is my first Guzzi, so I'm looking forward to enjoy riding.
    DSC_0072.jpg

scudracer, mjanecka, roadscum and 7 others like this.
  11. Mayakovski

Mayakovski Cruisin' Guzzisti

Beautiful.

12. Roy Cheung

Roy Cheung Just got it firing!

28B06446-0F35-4E08-AACA-64D9EA488110.jpeg 0092775B-9139-47BC-9454-9E681E8B5514.jpeg CBE36938-16E0-472D-AAD4-EB990973773C.jpeg 54D1C8D4-3F3B-4F17-9647-646164AC4BD5.jpeg 899BF3F3-14B0-4615-9D1C-54A7C7D2054D.jpeg 28B06446-0F35-4E08-AACA-64D9EA488110.jpeg Hi guys! I’m Roy from Hong Kong. It’s my pleasure to join here getting most of the MG info.
    Many thanks Todd again!
    Hope all of you have a nice ride with yours’ lovely MG

scudracer, Nashou66, mjanecka and 5 others like this.
  13. Steve1087

Steve1087 Just got it firing! GT Contributor

Hi there, first post here. Here is my new to me 2015 V7 11. Bought it last week and it had 3700 miles on it. I've been riding on and off since I was 17 (now 60) and always admired Guzzi's but this is my first purchase. Really nice bike.
    Forgot the Vin ZGULW2006FM201262
    And D O P 9th April 2018

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  14. Godfrey

Godfrey High Miler GT Famiglia

Welcome Steve! Lovely bike, I like the black and red theme.
    Enjoy it! :)

Steve1087 likes this.
  15. Maj Steve Trevor

Maj Steve Trevor Tuned and Synch'ed

Sold my Anniversario (listed above back in November or so), and bought a 2015 V7 Racer. Still-new and full warranty, from Eurosports in Coopersburg PA. Had a three hour drive from Eastern PA to Wash DC, and while that was a long time to be on a racer, the first hour on PA country roads was a blast. Hit one 10-mile stretch that had been recently paved, nice little hills and curves, no traffic, and very few stop signs -- felt like I was at the Isle of Man or something! That's the way to break in a racer...

Vin# ZGULWUA24FM200347

Guzzi racer 1.jpg

StG, scudracer, Nashou66 and 5 others like this.
  16. pmdmn

pmdmn Just got it firing!

Minnesota weather finally permitted riding in other than blizzard conditions today. Picked up my new 2017 V7 III Stone at Caswell Cycle in Mora, MN this morning and had a pleasant 90 mile ride back home. Dealer experience was great. I liked the fact they cut out the Guzzi logo from the shipping crate and offered it to me in the event I wanted some garage art. Sold my 2006 Honda 599 this afternoon to a nice Craigslist purchaser and thus maintain a certain equilibrium in the garage. Initial impressions of the bike are very positive - it doesn't have the brakes of the 599, the transmission isn't as nicely positive as the 599, the fit and finish isn't as good as the 599, but I still think I'll enjoy it more. Go figure.

Attached Files:

TBro, StG, mjanecka and 3 others like this.
  17. SaulGuzzi

SaulGuzzi Tuned and Synch'ed

Hi Shakeel, Im actually looking for the exact bike. I have been shopping around and was wondering what a general OTD price may look like? Im located in southern california and hoping to find a good deal (no more than $1600 over list prices). If you could share your purchase experience i'd really appreciate it.

18. Mayakovski

Hi Shakeel;
    Beautiful bike. I would be interested in your story about the initial service check.
    Maya

19. GT-Rx®

Congrats and welcome to the GT & Guzzi Famiglia.
    Love to get your VIN# for the first post of this thread. Post often!

20. Mayakovski

Well it finally happened.
    Silky followed me home.

Anniversario # 494. ZGULDUA1XHM000153
    The weather was great and we enjoyed a fantastic romp from Victoria to home in Comox.
    I am smitten, head over heels in love.

[​IMG]