• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

U.S. Relay to the Rally 2009

Ditto, Todd - standing by ready to help in any way (and looking forward to maybe meeting jdretz in the process).....

Thanks John & Jam. I can't seem to get Stephen to post here, so I will send a direct/group e-mail to those interested in helping move it along. Ping me direct if you think I might not have your e-mail address; Todd at GuzziTech.com

Update from Stephen:
Our small group met in Winters, CA on Sunday. I explained the IRF to the group, and I collected $60.00. I took on photo and will try sending in a bit. Thanks, Stephen

Hey Todd,

I'm still available to met in Death Valley, if that works for you. I would imagine some of the other guys would be interested as well.

I talked to Bill Ross about it. He said he already took it to Bonneville before. As you probably know, he runs on a very tight schedule to get up there and back. I believe he's going up on the 15 of September.

Let me know when you have a plan.

Yes, thanks Tim.

Update via e-mail is that the NorCal Group might be doing a breakfast run with it this weekend, but I hope to have other details finalized soon here as well.

From JJ Cerilli
Since this is in Sacramento, maybe we should try and get some of our local NORCAL Guzzitisti to get involved? We are talking about a "Breakfast Ride" this Sat. or Sunday to Alice's (?) Next NORCAL Guzzi Bike Night is Monday, August 3rd at Applebee's.

Photo from Stephen from last weekend:
Northern California MGNOC Breakfast 7-19-09 Winters, Ca. Members admiring/appreciating IRF Baton.

Mike Taylor had carried the Baton from Arkansas to the MGNOC National Rally in Salida, Colorado. After a nice presentation by Sam Baker of Texas on the history of the Baton and the Injured Rider

Nice one Greg, thanks a ton for everything. Looking forward to moving it on... now if we can just get Stephen to post or reply via e-mail.

More from Stephen
Is there anyone I could relay the IRF Baton to this weekend (7-24/25/26-09)? I read John Cerilli will be taking a ride Saturday, any way I could meet up with him toward the Bay Area somewhere?
Anyone interested in being part of the exchange?

It would be great if someone could pick it up on Saturday and bring it to Alices on Sunday morning. I'm tied up Saturday but could pick it up on Sunday if needed. Then bring to the norcal bike night on 8/3.

Thanks Mark, looks like the hand-off will happen on Sunday. I'll be watching/posting details I get.

I'm in the east bay and could help out if needed to pick up and deliver in NorCal, sorry I didn't see this earlier. I'm around all weekend.

Re: U.S. Relay Team 2009

Update this (Sat) morning. Guys the only contact info I have for Stephen is; gomotog at sbcglobal.net -- he's in Yuba City it seems. No phone number for him, sorry. Moto510, I included you in the group e-mail reply.
All: Be sure to photo document the hand-off from Stephen, and anything else of interest you can find in your travels with it.

JJ Cerilli wrote:
I am back home now and it's 7:45 am Saturday morning, July 25th. Who is Stephen and WHERE is carrying the baton to in the Bay Area?

If someone wants me to pick this baton up, I may have some time today, but I need DETAILS, so my mobile number is below. Have someone call me. I will assist if I can.

Mark - either way, I will see you at Alice's tomorrow morning (SUNDAY) at about 9:30 am - 9:45 am.
mwest responded with:
There is someone in the east bay that is going to contact Stephen today about picking up the Baton and bringing it to alices. If he can't get in touch with him, I have already made plans to meet him at the Cordelia Junction at 9 AM and then would woosh over to Alices. Hopefully before everyone left.

He will post on Guzzitech (here) if he makes plans.
JJ Cerilli replied with:
OK - Got it! If you need me, call. Good luck with the hand off and I will see you tomorrow at Alice's! We'll take photos to document.

I talked to Stephen and I'm going to pick it up today. Is there a schedule for the next rider, If not I thought about taking it around to the shops and dealers to try and raise some money to add to the fund and then bringing it to Norcal bike night on the 3rd.

Moto510 wrote:
I talked to Stephen and I'm going to pick it up today. Is there a schedule for the next rider...
Great!
No schedule per se, but per the private e-mails posted above, it sounds like everyone would like to see it at Alice's tomorrow morning. Collectively, you guys can decide what to do with it from there. If you can keep it moving/entertained/documented and collecting for the IRF (Greg Field/the PNW'ers set a new standard!), then I see no problem with keeping up your way until the 3rd.
I'll probably try to coordinate with Jamileh for the next hand-off from you guys.

Keep posting.

I'm back from my ride. The Red Racer was the only Guzzi, and every one was properly impressed by it. Sarah, a VERY good rider on a tricked-out SV1000, took it for a little spin, and fell in love with it. I'll post some pix of the RC on Sherman Pass when I get my posting-pix computer working again....
I'm available for baton-carrying duties any time. Could meet someone after work during the week within 100 miles of Fresno, or anywhere at all on the weekend. Just let me know. Anywhere closer to the coast would be sweet - this Central Valley triple-digit heat is getting old....
Take care, all, and ride safe!!!

I picked up the baton today from Stephen at what used to be a Denny's but is now a pile of rubble. We chatted for a while and then I was off back to the parking lot of a freeway, I'm so glad lane splitting is legal in California. Nobody else around to take pics so here's one of Stephen handing it off.
And one of me picking it up.
I took the baton over to MotoMarin, the Guzzi dealer in San Rafel and told the guys and girls there about the baton relay and fallen riders fund. They were really friendly about it and the manager went and got the owner and he took the time to talk to me and made a donation to the fund. A great group of people and a really nice dealership. I've only had a couple of dealings with them before and I only have positive things to say about them.
Me and the owner Cary Littell

Attachments

• DSCF0916_800x600.jpg
    DSCF0916_800x600.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 96
  • DSCF0918_800x600.jpg
    DSCF0918_800x600.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 96
  • DSCF0925_800x600.jpg
    DSCF0925_800x600.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 96
  • DSCF0926_800x600.jpg
    DSCF0926_800x600.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 96

Willy, well done... that's what it's all about! Look forward to further updates. Have fun with it!

I met up with some of the Norcal Guzzi guys at Alice's this morning to hand off the relay baton. A typical bay area summer morning.
I got to Alice's a litle early and was starving so I grabbed some breakfast while waiting. If you every make it to Alice's in Woodside,CA don't just stare at all he bikes and cars, grab something to eat,the food is good. I handed off the baton to Mark West and had a nice ride home except for the bee that flew into my helmet. I had the baton for a day and raised $170 total. I challenge every rider after me to raise more. Your prize will be the gratitude of fellow Guzzi rider

Attachments

• DSCF0932_800x600.jpg
    DSCF0932_800x600.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 96
  • DSCF0934_800x600-20090726.jpg
    DSCF0934_800x600-20090726.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 96

Picked up the baton from Willy yesterday and thought I'd take it for a little ride.

I left Alice's and followed a group of squids west toward the Ocean. I was really liking my new Guzzitech front suspension (thanks Todd) as I kept up with some fast company down to Stage Rd. where I turned off. Eventually I made it to Hwy 1 and stopped at Pescadero Beach for the first photo op.

dscn2444.jpg

Then I headed south and made the next stop at Pidgeon Point Lighthouse.

dscn2446.jpg

I then headed to Santa Cruz and made the mistake of getting too close to the wharf and found myself in crazy traffic. I did stop for a pic with the wharf in the background but it didn't come out. After I finally got out of SC, I lane split down 1 to watsonville where I cut off and took Elkhorn Rd over to Castroville, the Artichoke Capital of the world. Here I stopped at the famous Giant Artichoke.

dscn2452.jpg

Afterward, I headed inland toward Hollister and made a quick stop at the Historic Mission in San Juan Bautista where the tower scene in Hitchcock's Vertigo was filmed. Let me tell you, you get lots of strange looks taking pictures of a big red disc at a tourist site.

dscn2454u.jpg

After leaving the mission I took a loop around Hollister and stopped for one more photo at my favorite clamper plaque on cienega Rd. It's a shame what vandals have done to it. Hard to even read anymore.

dscn2455.jpg

That was my ride for the day. Saturday, I'll see about getting some folks together and visting the Guzzi dealers in San Jose and Livermore. Maybe taking it up Mt. Hamilton.

Excellent (post) Mark, thanks! Look forward to more updates as you go. Great news on the forks, my pleasure/thanks again.

Folks, the map and Blog were updated last night. Mark, let me know if you need help in doing so, or just send me the exact locations direct e-mail.

Back