• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Outlaw Ride '09 4/27-4/29

Re:Outlaw Ride '09 at Big Nose Kate's Saloon

Huxley was right ... that'd be the Brave New World Continent you're living on...

But then, as outlaws you can hardly complain about being treated as such, can you now :silly:

Of course the Gendarmerie never gets heavy handed. One pointed a machine gun at my wife for the mistake of asking directions. Of course we just had to pick a fellow standing in front of some gros fromage rabbi's home.
We were walking to the Sacre Coeur and on to the street that is famous for lace curtain material and cloth goods (sorry I don't recall the name) from my wife's cousin's home which wasn't far from the gros fromages home. We still laugh about it. :silly:

Ya know Lencho, I think AZ will have to lock up their young ladies.
downsized_0413081217.jpg

I remember that ride. She was oh, so hot for my Norge.

And Larry, glad to see you picked up on the evidence supporting my assertions re Az law enforcement, the main reason I skipped Prescott last year. Though I will say that applied mostly to the jerk off Az Highway Patrol guy that gave me & Glenn a real hard time coming over Mingus Mountain in to Prescott a couple years ago, not the much more pleasant & reasonable city of Cottonwood officer who was actually pretty pleasant to deal with a year or two (?) before that.

Bob,
It was Cottonwood where friend "wheres the vodka" Larry cooled his heels after our night of revelry and fireworks.
Cottonwood looks like where hippies go to die if they couldn't move to Silver City.
I could be wrong but it looked that way to me. :unsure:

guzzibob wrote:
the jerk off Az Highway Patrol guy that gave me & Glenn a real hard time , not the much more pleasant & reasonable Cottonwood officer who was actually pretty pleasant to deal with a year or two (?)

So the lesson learned is, you can't get hard if you have cottonwood:woohoo:

Cat, that gendarme (probably a CRS actually, something like our version of the SWAT I think) probably tried to make your wife feel at home... Since he probably wasn't allowed to chew gum on the job, nor to speak English (or knew how to...), he had to improvise... and now at least you have a story to tell how things are indeed better here on the old continent. No hassling with teeny handguns or tasers, the serious stuff right away!

You're sure your wife wasn't simply standing in the direction he was trying to show, I presume?

:silly:

RJVB wrote:
Cat, that gendarme (probably a CRS actually, something like our version of the SWAT I think) probably tried to make your wife feel at home... Since he probably wasn't allowed to chew gum on the job, nor to speak English (or knew how to...), he had to improvise... and now at least you have a story to tell how things are indeed better here on the old continent. No hassling with teeny handguns or tasers, the serious stuff right away!

You're sure your wife wasn't simply standing in the direction he was trying to show, I presume?

:silly:

The wife speaks French quite well. She left France when she was about 19. A very, very long time ago. The maximum insult she heard was "you speak French quite well for an American". She has been here too long I suppose.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

She has cousins all over the place in Paris. See you in July if you wish.

A very, very long time ago? Sometime before or after WW-II? :p :D

I know the feeling. I'm Dutch with a French name, but I usually take it as a compliment when they tell me I still speak quite well :silly:

RJVB wrote:
A very, very long time ago? Sometime before or after WW-II? :p :D

I know the feeling. I'm Dutch with a French name, but I usually take it as a compliment when they tell me I still speak quite well :silly:

Eh, :laugh: Sometime between the assignats and the Euro. Actually about 45 years ago. A lifetime for some I suppose.

Mothers Maiden name is VanLeeuwen and Grandma's was Maas.

Lifetime for me, yes!

So she's more Dutch than I'm French! ;)

RJVB wrote:
Lifetime for me, yes!

So she's more Dutch than I'm French! ;)

:blush: Sorry, I was less than clear. My mothers family are the ones from Holland.

Wife is from Mazamet near Toulouse with the very French name of Cohen. There are little Cohen's everywhere.
Her last five years in France were in Paris on Rue du Faubourg Saint-Antoine just down the street from the Place de la Nation a few doors down from le Crédit Lyonnais as I recall. There is a great Pizza Restaurant next door to the bank.

Little Cohens, and also very big ones ;)

I'll remember the pizzeria tip, always a problem to find a *really* good/authentic Italian restaurant in Paris!

O.K. then......back on subject. Who's ready to commit ? Sometime soon I'll have to go get a confirmation time for the saloon shoot and look into motel group discounts for rooms in Tombstone for Monday night.

Lupo wrote:
O.K. then......back on subject. Who's ready to commit ? Sometime soon I'll have to go get a confirmation time for the saloon shoot and look into motel group discounts for rooms in Tombstone for Monday night.
In, of course.

I'll ready up the T-shirt design... we should have them printed by you/locally this time.

A couple of years ago I went on a Red Cross poker run here and one stop was a shirt design place. I knew they could become handy one dayB)

Just wanted to say...we'll be seeing countryside that has been traveled by the Southwests most infamous outlaws and the second best football team in the NFL ( I sure wanted to word this different):)

Lupo wrote:
O.K. then......back on subject. Who's ready to commit ? .

I'm ready to BE committed. But then, I've been ready for that for a long time.....

Yeah, I expect to be there.....

Well, Larry, I'm impressed by your graciousness!! First beer of the ride is on me!! Then let's go commit Bobby D - which could provide an interesting photo op, no?
I'm ready to rumble.....

So far it looks to be: Me - Rich - Jamileh - Todd - Bob - Brian - Tyler - Willy - Derral - Woody . Now of course I'm hopping to hear from Don and some others. It would be great if Drew could do the saloon shots. I hope we get some new ( to this ride ) riders. I expect some, like Jetboy and a couple of others who have already expressed interest. We're still 12 weeks away so it looks pretty good. Last year the count was 4 at this time and we had a peak of 18B)

Back